Please don’t throw away your glass jam jars. Why not reuse them to make some lovely ornaments for your home and can also double up as handmade gifts for friends and family. They’ll love it. It doesn’t take much time at all and so much fun to do. So bring out your inner third grader because we’re going to do some craft work. And it looks something like this.
So I’ve had this tiny honey bottle for years and never knew what to do with it. But it’s so cute, so I kept it knowing that one day I’m going to find some use for it. That day came yesterday. It all began with a random creative impulse of putting together rock sugar, gold powder and this teeny honey jar. It really looks like gold nuggets (or should I say faux-gold) in the jar. And if you have really tiny jars you can make some Christmas baubles for your tree. How great is that!
All the materials are easily available at the stationary store. Actually you might just have most items with you.
I got the gold powder for just 25 rupees and you don’t need that much to cover the rock sugar. Just a word of caution, the gold powder sticks very easily and may get a bit messy. However it does wash off easily from your fingers. not so sure about clothing. So please be careful.
So here’s How I did it.
- Make sure your jar is clean and dry.
- Tie a pretty ribbon around the neck.
- Take the sugar crystals and paint them with gold powder. Put any excess back in the bottle. No wasting!
- Carefully put the gold-painted crystals inside the jar.
- You can even paint the cover of the bottle if you want. Do this earlier with some metallic acrylic paint. But make sure it’s completely dry before you close the bottle.
- And You’re done.
- Now show it off.
So easy right and no sweat. Now finally you can do something with all those jars at home.