Happy hump day. I can’t believe it’s the middle of the week already and that we are only half way till the weekend. I am having quite an acne roll on Amanda’s Babblejuice as well as on my face. Get it!!
Yes. So I am here to tell you what you should not do when you have acne. This should probably come before my previous post, but anyway. And if you haven’t read it, please do. You might just find it interesting and helpful too. Here’s the link.
So here goes.
- Don’t listen to the nasty comments people say about your skin. It just shows how shallow they are. Instead try to get past it and don’t let it stick. This is the hardest thing to do ever. It really hurts but forgive them for it.
- Don’t cringe when you look in the mirror when you see your acne. It doesn’t reflect the beautiful person that you are. Beauty is NOT skin deep.
- Don’t use many acne-fighting products all at the same time, it can cause a bad reaction. I know you want to get clear as fast as possible, but using too many acne products is a recipe for disaster.
- Not all home remedies are safe. Some can cause bad reactions especially lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. They are very strong. Always try it on a small area before and dilute before using.
- Don’t touch your face all the time. Some of us have a habit of leaning our face in our hands. Not good. We don’t really know how many germs are all over our hands and what surfaces we touch.
- Don’t pick, ever. I will say it before and I am saying it again. It’s a crime to do it. It might feel good at the time, but later you will regret it.
- Don’t avoid chocolate. I mean to say that have some dark bitter chocolate, it has less sugar and you can actually taste the real chocolate flavour. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t treat yourself to something sugary once a while.
- Beware of packaged fizzy drinks, fruit juices and energy drinks. They almost always have too much added sugar which causes a surge in your sugars when you drink them. Not good for your skin.
- Go easy on dairy products. Some studies show that dairy does cause acne because of hormones present in the milk of cows. But that doesn’t mean you should sacrifice your calcium intake. Go for organic milk from grass fed cows or try natural yoghurt (It contains friendly bacteria for your gut). Since dairy products are highly processed, try to get your calcium from vegetarian sources like chia and flax seeds.
- And don’t stress, your acne is not going to away by stressing out but rather it will get worse. Try and do something relaxing when you feel you’re going to have a meltdown because stress and acne is a vicious cycle.Take it from me.
So what do you think. Are you up for it!!
Let me know how you are dealing with your acne.