Hello my lovely babble juicers,
I know it has been a few days since I have posted anything. I have been down with a very bad cold again and I have spent quite some time in bed. But I am so glad that I am feeling so much better now.
For some reason, when I am ill, I feel so hungry that I could eat anything. But I especially crave for fried and salty snacks. Not a good combination. So I have been finding ways that I can snack but still make some healthy choices. But you know, I am not an extremist so the odd potato chip or should I confess, bag of chips keeps me sane.
So here are some options for some healthy snacking:
- A large apple is great to carry around to work or college to munch in between. I like eating bananas too, but sometimes they can get quite squishy in warmer weather. So I usually eat bananas when I am at home.
- Carrot, cucumber and beet root sticks. I love having these, probably my favourite. It keeps you full for a long time, high in fibre and really good for you.
- Add some chia seeds to your juice or green herbal tea. I do this a lot, especially before I go out. Chia seeds are a great source of fibre and energy and fills you up. It’s called sabja in hindi and is easily available in India in local grocery stores.
- Always keep some dry fruits with you in a ziplock. A like a mix of almonds, raisins and seeds. It doesn’t take any space at all. You can just pop it in your handbag.
- Make a good salad of your own with some home made dressing with some olive oil and herbs. It’s so much fun to make it your own. I try my best to avoid anything in a jar, I can’t tell what’s in it.
You know you can get some amazing recipes all over the internet on healthy snacks you can just whip up in a jiffy. So just search for them, you might find something you really like and is also super easy. So you see healthy and snacking can go together with a bit of will power and some DIYs.
So how do you snack to keep hunger at bay?